I had the day off work today. It was nice. I slept in, then sipped coffee leisurely while steadily racking up points on ILike.com's little "name that tune" game. ;-) haha!

Once I was officially awake I put my ITunes on "Party Shuffle" and managed to do the dishes, then wash, dry, fold and put away 4 loads of laundry. Or was it 5? Either way I despise doing laundry. ;p

I also got my income taxes done even though it gave me a throbbing MOTHER of a headache. (But now there's a fat wad of cash with my name on it being electronically deposited into my checking account in less than 10 days, so... Rawk! \m/ )

I read about Britney's "American Tragedy" (please....) in the latest issue of Rolling Stone and I started reading a book by Ian McEwan called Atonement which is really different from the last couple of books I've read so it's taking me a few pages to settle into its prose style, but I find it really intriguing so far.

Later, Lenny Kravitz and songs from his new album chaperoned me through a 20-minute date with my elliptical and I reconnected with a loved one in a nice, long, wonderful voice conversation that could've gone on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr as far as I'm concerned. ♥

Oh... and me and my little bag of tricks also found God for a while during a seriously heated worship session at the Temple of O. Hallelujah!!

It really has been a good day today all in all. And the best part of it all? It ain't over yet! :-)

How YOU doin'?


This entry was posted on 7:01 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Katrina said...

    1) I too despise laundry
    2) I too need to do my taxes
    3) Is Atonement the same story that the movie was based on? If so, I enjoyed the film so you'll probably like the book!
    4) I need to get my arse in gear and start going to the gym again...like TODAY.
    5) So glad you had a lovely day off!

  1. ... on February 14, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
  2. rhondapalooza said...

    Yes. The movie Atonement is based off this book. I didn't see the movie, but hope the book will be groovy.

    Good luck with all that other stuff! Glad I got as much done as I did because I've since lost all motivation. haha ;)

  3. ... on February 14, 2008 at 7:09 PM