Looking for inspiration, about 3 months back I inquired amongst 'friends' and family at Facebook what books should be added to my "to read" list and I was both surprised and thrilled with the number of immediate and emphatic responses I received. I love books! I love writing. I love reading.

I immediately broke the suggestions into two parts and am now just finishing up reading the second half of those.

Wow.

At this point I believe I might be a bit scarred by the whole experience.

All of the suggestions intrigued me either because of the recommendee or the general synopsis of the book itself (or both!), but I have to tell you that other than a couple of cursory 'decent' reads, I just didn't seem to find humor in the same things that cracked others up, didn't find intrigue in yet another's 'favorite book of all time', was bored to death reading most of the others. One of them I misplaced in the car on a weekend roadtrip and totally forgot to look for it for two weeks, then just didn't bother.

What the hell?!


This entry was posted on 10:52 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: