Ugh.

So yeah, I managed to get sick somehow. I haven't been sick in 2 or 3 years so I guess I'm due, especially with all the partyin' in New Orleans and the flying. Seems like I get sick pretty much every time I fly somewhere.

My embolization procedure's been pushed til Monday. Hopefully I'm well enough for it by then. I really REALLY want to get that whole thing over with. I slept like hell last night and feel much worse today than I did yesterday. Boooo! That's no fun.

Just staying home and taking it easy today; using every miracle cold-shortening product I can get my hands on. We'll see what happens.

Thankfully the sickness didn't cripple me until AFTER New Orleans or that would've been a real bummer. We had *such* a good time there. Between the beignets, po' boys, fried shrimp, muffulettas, jambalaya, and seafood pasta I must've gained ten pounds. Or more! :p As soon as I'm feeling a little better I'm cracking down and getting back to a healthier eating regimen. Until then though, comfort food FTW! I definitely see some chicken noodle soup in my immediate future.

Took a ton of pics in NOLA. General Bourbon Street/French Quarter stuff, the Krewe of Pontchartrain's balcony party at Johnny White's, the Krewe of Cork parade, the KoP parade last Saturday... etc. Also got some really fun shots of a lot of the dogs (and their owners) in the Krewe of Barkus parade. Fun times. :) Check 'em out!

Now it's back to bed with me. Sure would be helpful if I could breathe!


This entry was posted on 7:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: