Snagged this from the 100 Things About Me webring which I happened to stumble upon in my websurfing a couple of days ago. I thought it was neat... Many of you have probably already seen/read/and even DONE this yourself as it's been around for years, but .

100 Things About Me

1. I moved and changed schools eight times between grades 2 and 7.

2. I began dying my hair at age 11 (and haven’t stopped since!).

3. I have a brother whom I have neither seen nor spoken too since 1995 (not by my choice).

4. The first three cd’s I ever owned were: Led Zeppelin IV, The Firm, and INXS – Listen Like Thieves. (My brother bought them for me, along with my first cd player.)

5. Our 3A marching band won second in State during my sophomore year in high school.

6. I have seen Aerosmith and ZZ Top 3x each in concert.

7. I type 112 cwpm.

8. I played the lead in the One-Act Play three of the four years I was in high school.

9. I have been “the first” for three virgins.

10. My favorite arcade game is Pinball!

11. I play the saxophone, the flute, and am a fledgling at guitar.

12. I have a miniature Dachshund named Weenie.

13. My dog is the best birthday present I have ever received.

14. My birthday is on 9/11.

15. I have only ever met one of my four grandparents.

16. I have been to 28 different states in the U.S.

17. When I first entered college I was in pursuit of a Pharmacy degree.

18. I graduated from college with an Associate of Science in Radiography.

19. The first computer I ever owned was an Apple IIe.

20. Before I learned how to ride it, I would sit atop my bike at the head of my driveway and will myself to have the balls to try to ride the driveway slope to where it met the street.

21. Sometimes I would sit there for over half an hour finding every reason NOT to go for it, then finally get off my bike and go pack it away in the garage again.

22. When I was 6 years old I had a pair of goldfish (won at the County Fair) named Pinkie and Fonzie.

23. I pride myself on my wide range of musical knowledge across a variety of genres. I can usually “name that tune” in VERY few notes…

24. My earliest memory of what I wanted to be when I grew up was a singer.

25. When I was around age 6 and belting out the words to a song currently playing on the car radio, my step-father told me to stfu because my singing sucked. I was devastated.

26. I never tried out for the school choir, but played in the band from 6th grade onward (both saxophone and flute).

27. Autumn is my favorite season of the year.

28. I do not believe in ‘god’ in the Christian sense.

29. My first pet was a puppy my parents got a couple of months before I was born. He was a sheepdog named Yogi.

30. I was five years old and away visiting my Grandma when Yogi died. When I returned, my parents told me that he had run away.

31. I walked up and down my street every day for weeks after Yogi “disappeared” calling for him and wondering why he would have run away from us.

32. A sentimental TV commercial can have me in tears in less than 30-seconds.

33. Fantasy is my favorite genre of book.

34. I love anything/everything to do with faeries, fairytales, folklore and mythology.

35. I used to collect unicorns.

36. After I gave up unicorns I started a shot glass collection. I have 100’s of the things.

37. I don’t collect anything at all now, except good memories and I do my damnedest to collect lots of those as often as possible!

38. I love music. All kinds. (Almost.)

39. While in high school I competed in spelling bees, typing contests, extemporaneous speaking, debate, duet acting, poetry and prose reading competitions and was on our school’s “mock court” team. I also competed with our One-Act Play cast each year, as well as the Concert Band, the Marching Band, and the Jazz Band.

40. One week after graduating high school in 1989, I moved out of the state and have only been back one time since then (for my ten-year class reunion).

41. I believe that everyone should attend at least ONE of their high school reunions, regardless of their “status” or popularity back when they were actually IN high school.

42. I love to go camping and do so frequently.

43. I am bisexual and not afraid to say so.

44. I have only visited two countries outside the United States: Mexico and Costa Rica.

45. My parents divorced when I was 6 yrs old. Both remarried other people, eventually divorced them, then later remarried EACH OTHER when I was 16 yrs old.

46. I’ve been married three times.

47. I am a HUGE Neil Gaiman fan.

48. I am a Virgo and act just like one. :P

49. I’ve never broken a bone (and hope I didn’t just jinx myself by typing that!)

50. My son Jory is my life’s greatest achievement.

51. My grandmother taught me how to quilt and crochet when I was 8 years old.

52. I was voted “Most Beautiful” by my classmates my senior year in high school.

53. I was voted “Person Who’s Changed the Most” at my 10-year class reunion and I’m still not quite sure how to take that or what they meant by it exactly. (me in 1999)

54. I would love to own my own business (just have to figure out WHAT!)

55. I gave birth to my son via Caesarian Section.

56. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Tori Amos are some of the most “artistic” musicians I have ever encountered.

57. I love taking pictures, but am not all that good at it.

58. I lied on #36. I happen to have a completely insane fetish for cover songs and have hundreds of them stored on my harddrive.

59. I have 40+ different covers of the Jimi Hendrix song “Little Wing”.

60. I no longer have a gall bladder.

61. My favorite color is Forest Green.

62. My favorite movie of all-time is Pulp Fiction.

63. I know all the words to every song from the Grease soundtrack and after Pulp Fiction, Grease is the movie I have watched the greatest number of times.

64. I have the coolest sister in the entire world!

65. I wish the workweek was Sat/Sun and the “weekend” was Mon-Fri.

66. I have a gap between my front teeth and HATE it, but remind myself that Lauren Bacall, Madonna, and Sandra Bernhard have the money to change their ‘gaps’ if they want to… but haven’t.

67. I spend very little time talking on the telephone recreationally.

68. I spend a HELLUVA lot of time on my computer.

69. I’d rather “take turns” than 69 and I prefer a one-on-one encounter over a 3-some.

70. I’ve been writing prose, poetry and short stories since I was 6 years old and actually still have the very first story I ever wrote.

71. All my friends and family are freaks (and I use the term ‘freak’ affectionately.)

72. I have far more friends via the Internet that I have never met face to face than those I call friend in “real” life.

73. I have been chatting and making (and sometimes also meeting!) friends over the Internet since 1993.

74. I could roll over the Atari 2400 “Asteroids” game repeatedly for hours on end.

75. I took tap dancing lessons when I was a little girl.

76. I am afraid of heights.

77. My left breast is slightly larger than my right one.

78. I have a birthmark on the back of my head hidden beneath all of my hair.

79. I have a more-than-passing interest in many aspects of BDSM.

80. I have attended more than 10 private fetish play parties.

81. At one of those parties I was asked by the host to produce ID because he was afraid I was underage and didn’t want my daddy banging at his door with a shotgun. (I happened to be 22 at the time.)

82. I got carded at an Outback restaurant two weeks ago when ordering a Dirty Martini. (I’m 32.)

83. I lied on the application for my first job (Eckerd Drug) and said I was 16 (and legal to work) when I was still only 15. They never figured it out.

84. My first car was a brown 1979 MG Midget convertible. I LOVED that car!

85. I really enjoy rain, particularly thunderstorms.

86. I don’t much care for cats; never have.

87. I wish I lived somewhere in the Northwestern United States, but refuse to move my child away from his extended family (whom all live in Florida).

88. I’ve lived through severe addictions to more than one online game. (Sojourn MUD and EverQuest, specifically).

89. I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them.

90. I have never had a pedicure and the entire idea of paying someone to slough dead skin off my feet completely disgusts me.

91. I think society and the world in general is PURE HELL on gay men.

92. I was present at the candlelight vigil held at Haight-Ashbury the day after Jerry Garcia’s death.

93. I have visited Jimi Hendrix’s original gravesite (before they built the huge memorial monument that is there now) and signed the guest book registry that gets mailed periodically to Jimi’s remaining family.

94. I totally dig old cemeteries. Not just ANY cemetery. OLD cemeteries. I find them fascinating in every way.

95. I could do my boss’s job better than she does and we both know it.

96. The last three years have been the happiest of my adult life.

97. I’m a perfectionist, a worrier, and a procrastinator.

98. I despise being late for ANYthing.

99. I am an aspiring alcoholic.

100. I want my friend Paul out of Afghanistan and back home in Canada ASAP!


It sure took up a good portion of my afternoon here at work and for that... I am HAPPY! 45 minutes to go!


This entry was posted on 9:53 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: