Saturday was a glorious exaltation of unexplained slothliness and debauchery. WOO!

Then Sunday I awoke with grand visions of annihilating every last thing on my "To Do" list. I was gung-ho and motivated, which lasted all of about 40 minutes or so, then I fell into bed with the last sliver of Kerouac's "On the Road" to devour.

Mission accomplished. Next up on the Reading List: Bruce Campbell's "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor". I'm looking forward to it. The introduction already had me giggling so that is a good sign.

An old friend from high school has taken me under her wing with hopes of initiating me into the world of wines, of which I know NOTHING! I'm a liquor drinker, period. But I've always been curious about wine and thought if I liked it how fun it could be to homebrew it! I'm all about the hands-on with everything. Looking forward to her tutelage. :) Should be interesting if nothing else.

Right now I'm listening to my friend Darren's last.fm music channel and am not disappointed. Thank you Darren!

Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

But til the morning hours, I bid you this hearty adieu:

"May you work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like noone is watching, screw like it's being filmed, and drink like a true Irishman!"


This entry was posted on 9:52 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    robp said...

    My Sundays are always productive. The key is the goals. I decide to watch two football games and do a load of laundry. It's very disappointing when I have to interrupt watching one of the football games and settle for one full game and the bulk of another, but if I don't leave during the second game to get more alcohol, who will get drunk? You can't count on other people for the important things.

    Now my house is empty and there are a couple of beers left. That's what I call planning.

  1. ... on January 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM  
  2. Unknown said...

    The end of the weekend is like a weekly small death. I hope your week beginning in the morning proves to be just as eventful and enjoyable as this weekend has proved to be!

    And about wine, I know almost nothing about it, but I do know that GaryVee on Twitter (Gary Vaynerchuck) has an excellent wine blog that a LOT of people follow. That'd be a great place to go as well!

  3. ... on January 12, 2009 at 3:51 AM  
  4. Katrina said...

    Slothiness. That's what was on the agenda for me this past weekend, too. And boy am I glad I gave into my desires, because I feel so well-rested and rejuvenated today.

    Wine is a wonderful world of deliciousness. My favorite thing about wine is discovering a new vineyard, buying a bottle for $9 and then seeing it sell the next year for $25!

  5. ... on January 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
  6. Claus said...

    Reminds me to have a glass of white myself. Or some good night herbal tea? Both? Just had three pieces of chicken steak with ketchup and, boy, do I feel complete! Had some black tea, Earl Grey, before and after, but not while I was giving them steaks hell, and had some fruit mousse before (barbaric, I know), and some oranges after. *BURRP*

  7. ... on January 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
  8. rhondapalooza said...

    Rob: You always crack me up. ;) Thank you for that, ya lush!

    Carlton: Cool! Thanks for the Twitter tip. I'll check out that blog for sure.

    Kat: Who'da thunk you'd be a wine connoisseur of all things? hahaha ;)

    Claus: You're making me hungry. Guess I better get into the kitchen and whip something up for dinner...

  9. ... on January 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM