I write for myself above all else.

Sure, it's great to have an audience and garnish the rare nod for my efforts, but even if I lived in a beat-up rover resting on a dusty ledge on some remote, uninhabited planet, I'd still write just for me. Just because.

Just because it's what I've been doing for so long I can't recall ever *not* doing it. Ya know?

So yeah, I write because it's something to do to get me through the day. It's algebra homework over and over all night long (but for FUN!) and it's a way of carrying over emotions, solving for coefficients, and rounding off baggage. I love the details and relish the distractions.


This entry was posted on 10:53 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

    robp said...

    They ask me if I were on a desert island and knew nobody would ever see what I wrote, would I go on writing. My answer is most emphatically yes. I would go on writing for company. Because I'm creating an imaginary--it's always imaginary--world in which I would like to live.
    --William S. Burroughs

    Hey Rho, you and Bill, two peas in a pod.

  1. ... on January 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM  
  2. Claus said...

    The writing finger writes, and, having writ, warms up.

  3. ... on January 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
  4. Claus said...

    And what is Rho doing in a pot?

  5. ... on January 14, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
  6. Claus said...

    ;D

  7. ... on January 14, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
  8. rhondapalooza said...

    I never mind being compared to Burroughs, Rob. (but you already knew that...) ;)

    Claus? You have so many more ways to peek in on me than I do of you... If you're going for the "mysterious" approach, it's working...

  9. ... on January 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM  
  10. Claus said...

    Sorry for spamming your blog. Had a rough day yesterday, so I yearned for some conversation. Didn't mean to be childish ;)
    But I really enjoy "peeking in" on you, because you provide us with learned and entertaining materiel like hardly anybody else does. Furthermore, I deal with the scum of the Earth everyday, so if I become a little like them, *lowers voice in a conspiracing way*, you just go ahead and tell me, ok?
    About me? Tedious company, I'd say about me. Why d'you think I bully people around for a living?

    P.S.:
    It's WORKING?

  11. ... on January 15, 2009 at 3:51 AM  
  12. rhondapalooza said...

    For the record, I wasn't complaining. Just making an observation. :)

    Had a rough day? Hope the rest of the week is MUCH better! Only two more work days until my weekend... plugging along to get there.

    And yes, you're succeeding at being mysterious.

  13. ... on January 15, 2009 at 7:12 AM  
  14. Claus said...

    Warm wind from the Sahara desert blowing right now... Didn't get anything straight, did I? I do that.

    Have headache, will travel.
    :)

  15. ... on January 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM