Also thought this looked interesting... Stolen from , one of the most talented chiquitas I know, who stole it from someone else. Wheeee! Gotta love the LJ community of quiz addicts and pilferers! Course, I tend to babble on, so one-word answers from this girl are few and far between!

First real kiss: 11 yrs. old.

First job: Pharmacy Clerk at an Eckerd Drug store. I lied and said I was 16, even though my birthday wasn't for two more months. :p

First screen name: Draovne (Before "Rho", some called me "Ron" and at the time I was dating a guy named "Dave". You do the math. Yes, I realize now how incredibly DORKY that was!)

First self purchased album: I answered all the other questions and had to come back to this one and I STILL am unsure what to put here (as to accuracy). I remember the first CDs bought FOR me... My brother got me a stereo with a CD player when they'd just come out and were all the rage... rofl... (STFU!) and he bought me Led Zep IV, The Firm, and INXS - Listen Like Thieves. But the first thing I bought for mySELF? Dayum. That's a toughie. It woulda been on cassette... and something from the era of Def Leppard - Hysteria, ZZ Top - Eliminator, or John Cougar - Hurt So Good. I'm really not certain on this.

First funeral: Jenny Jackson. Girl in my 8th grade class who died in a car accident.

First pets: Sheepdog named "Yogi"

First piercing: both ears. Age 6.

First true love: Sean Robinson. Married him at 17. It got really ugly after that. :p

First big trip: Traveled a LOT by car as a young girl, but my first plane flight alone somewhere was to NYC at age 11 (to visit my Uncle)

Last big car ride: Nine hours (one way) up to Helen, GA to go camping in the mountains... just last week!

Last kiss: Last night when I kissed my little boy goodnight.

Last good cry: August. (My Uncle died of brain cancer about 6 months ago and my Aunt came to visit in August for my grandmother's 90th birthday. I saw her walking alone on the beach and realized it was the first time I could really remember *ever* seeing her without my Uncle by her side and .. imagined perhaps she was thinking some of that same thing herself...)

Last movie seen: "Master and Commander", just last night. Ehh.... it was -OKAY- Last *really* good movie seen? Mystic River, without a doubt!

Last beverage drunk: Ciclon (a rum/tequila liquor) with raspberry seltzer and a sprig of lime

Last food consumed: French Fries

Last phone call: Work related... someone calling in with a question about one of our programs. Outgoing: Nolan, last night.

Last TV show watched: Half-watched West Wing last night, long enough to hear Leo say "Desperate times call for desperate measures" which led to over 30 mins of internet searching to find the origin of that quote. 30 mins is a long time to look for something "so commonly heard" on the Internet. And that, apparently, was my problem. It's been around for so long and used by so many people that I came across multiple references where other frustrated searchers were ranting about their difficulties in locating its origin. Turns out it's been around from the 1500's... (found from law-lib on the UC-Davis website: This is a variant of the proverb "Desperate diseases must have desperate remedies." This goes back to the Latin _extremis malis extrema remedia_
'extreme remedies for extreme ills.' The earliest English version given by the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs is the following:

1539 R. Taverner tr. _Erasmus' Adages_ 4 A stronge disease requyreth a
stronge medicine.


Butt! it was Abraham Lincoln who probably made it the most famous in his speech to suspend the writ of habeus corpus during the Civil War (which I found earlier this morning :P... yes... the friggin thing PLAGUED me! Only goes to cement my feelings that TV is evil! EVIL, I say! haha)

Last shoes worn: Converse

Last CD played: The White Stripes, "White Blood Cells"

Last item bought: Groceries

Last disappointment: Being too late to really witness the 'changing of the leaves' during our camping trip up to north Georgia last week.

Last soda drunk: Cherry Coke

Last ice cream eaten: Uhmmm... I just realized it's been WAY too long since I last ate any ice cream! But if I could have any ice cream that I wanted RIGHT THIS SECOND... I'd have me some Ben & Jerry's "Chunky Monkey". Awwww yeah.

Last shirt worn: A t-shirt from one of my work's summer programs called "Science Quest"


This entry was posted on 8:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: