I mentioned it before, but Mystic River is easily the best film I've seen all year. There are one or maybe two things I would have done differently or left out altogether had I been the director, but other than that... (and usually I completely pick everything apart thanks to the motion pictures class I took my freshman year of college), everything about this film is superb. The storyline is good... the editing and directorialship is good... and the acting (all the way through several of the supporting roles) is SUPERB. Hands down, this is one of the best films I've seen in a really long time.

Mystic River

Rotten Tomatoes Review Site (if you're into reviews... Sometimes I like reading the reviews on the really bad movies most of all because they can be so brutally hilarious.

Either way... if you plan to see this movie at some point... I recommend not reading *too* much of the synopsis at the actual movie site if it goes on for more than a couple of sentences or it may serve as too much a spoiler.


This entry was posted on 9:36 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: