AND!!!

I had THE worst fucking nightmare last night. OMG! It was just horrible, horrible, horrible. I would even wake up during it and make a big production of rolling to my other side, fluffing my pillow and adjusting my blankets and then would fall back asleep and the damned thing would pick right up where it left off! VILE, VILE, EVIL THING!

I dreamed that Mike and I had taken Jory and a friend camping and there was a pond nearby that had alligators in it (not uncommon at all here in Florida) and we'd had a very stern talk with the boys not to go anywhere near it. (Can you see where this is going? sigh.)

We began unloading everything and setting up our camp.. the boys take off on their bikes... the next thing I know I'm looking down this hill from our campsite and there's Jory swimming IN THE POND completely oblivious to the five or six 6-7ft long alligators swarming around him in the water. Apparently there was a tree down across the pond at the far end and Jory had seen something on it or near it that he wanted to check out and he was swimming over to it to have a look. I'm standing there a good 40 yards away looking down on the whole thing and I have never felt so absolutely horrified in my entire life.

I scream Jory's name at the top of my lungs and he turns to look, sees the alligators and then starts to swim back to the near side of the pond and one clamps its mouth down on his lower leg and I am absolutely hysterical at this point screaming at Mike to DO SOMETHING and fumbling in my purse for my cell phone to call 911 (of course grabbing everything out of my purse BUT my damned phone...)

omg.. the whole thing was just horrible. I'd wake... try to shake it off.. and then just fall asleep to move on to the next chapter of it. UGH

Needless to say, I didn't have any problem getting outta bed this morning when my alarm went off. In fact, right now, I don't care if I *ever* sleep again.


This entry was posted on 9:48 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: